Every year companies spend billions of dollars in research and development of new products to serve specific purposes. As is the nature of research, there is usually no guarantee that the outcomes of such research will eventually justify the expenditure. If you do not have the right people, the right processes and the right equipment in place, then all that money could end up going down the drain with nothing to show for it. Contract chemical manufacturing provides the best solution to this problem.
Toll manufacturing can be a useful tool that you can use to ensure that your supply chain operates efficiently. Toll manufacturing doesn’t just provide a way to manufacture your products, it can also help control costs.
Toll manufacturers use your processes to manufacture your products. So you can be sure that your customers will never see a decrease in quality. You need to find the right people for the job.
InChem is one of the leading providers of toll manufacturing in the US, serving customers from many different chemical industries. Knowing some of the features that distinguish the best toll manufacturing services is essential to finding the right manufacturing partner for you. What do you need to look for when searching for the right toll manufacturing service provider?
- Look for a company that is committed to continuous improvement in all aspects of their business.
- Look for a company that understands its areas of expertise. Not all toll manufacturers are capable of safely handling compounds like sodium hydrosulfide, elemental sulfur, formaldehyde, organic peroxides or isocyanates. A responsible toll manufacturer will be able to tell you up front whether or not they have the equipment, personnel, and safety procedures necessary to handle your materials safely.
- Look for a company that understands the importance of protecting your valuable intellectual property. Many companies can be uncomfortable when it comes time to engage in a technology transfer with a toll manufacturer. You should look for a toll manufacturer that understands the importance of maintaining strict control over how your intellectual property is handled.
Contact InChem to learn more using our online contact form or calling 1-800-331-7721.
Whether you are doing simple blends, or complicated multi-stage reactions, finding the right equipment and enough open production capacity to meet the demands of your customers can be a challenge. In today’s environment, it is often more cost-effective to outsource your chemical mixing and blending needs to a competent and trusted toll or contract manufacturing partner.
So, what advantages could a toll or contract manufacturer bring to your supply chain?
- The Plant: It may be difficult for you to handle your own chemical mixing, blending or reaction processes in-house. Every chemical process is different and has specific requirements. Some of these requirements you may be able to meet easily, but others will require excess capacity or a large capital investment to install new equipment. Outsourcing this production to a toll or contract manufacturer can help to mitigate many of these costs without sacrificing any of the health, safety, environmental and quality goals of your business.
InChem has invested in significant laboratory upgrades for purposes of focused efforts on customer responsiveness and satisfaction. Its Quality Control (QC) laboratory at its Rock Hill plant has expanded state-of-the-art equipment and new personnel. The lab, located on the upper floor of the West Plant building, also serves QC needs of the nearby Charlotte plant.
“Our purpose is to ensure that the quality of final products and incoming raw materials is in compliance with ISO 9001 standards,” said lab manager Daniel Vega. Key equipment acquisitions include:
- A new Headspace GC, a gas chromatograph with greater capabilities to analyze a sample by incubating it, letting liquid evaporate into the headspace. This allows for lower limits of detection, especially helpful with highly volatile compounds.
- A new Karl Fischer Metrotron, which provides moisture analysis and water content analysis.
There are many reasons why most companies hire custom chemical manufacturers instead of setting up their own chemical production units. For starters, it saves money for the company hiring toll manufacturers since they already have a fully-equipped production facility. As a customer, your company can take advantage of this capability at affordable prices, as compared to setting it up on your own and dealing with the operating costs.
Another one of the major reasons why companies like to hire toll manufacturers is that it is also far more safe and time-efficient since the toll manufacturing company has all the latest safety and quality measures set in place. If you want to hire custom chemical manufacturers for your project, here are 3 effective ways to do so easily:
Toll manufacturing is a process in which a company enters into a contract with a third party that has a specialized production plant to process raw materials or semi-finished products for the company. It has been around for decades in different industries but is now growing in prominence in chemical manufacturing. The company that is seeking to outsource their product only needs to provide a technical package, raw materials and quality requirements to the toll manufacturer. The manufacturer then takes these raw materials and processes them in their facilities for chemical production.
Here are a few reasons why toll manufacturing can be very valuable for your business:
- One of the biggest reasons why many businesses opt for custom chemical manufacturing is that it allows them to gain access to the well-equipped production units of the third party manufacturers. The toll manufacturing service providers like InChem have production units with the latest modern equipment for toll manufacturing, with large to small scale output capacity; this provides flexibility for orders on behalf of their customers. Your company does not have to invest a significant amount of money or effort in setting up a production unit on its own.
Contract chemical manufacturing, sometimes known as toll manufacturing, has been providing support for businesses that want to avoid increasing their cost structure. Having a requirement for setting up their individual chemical production facilities can be avoided by partnering with a contract/toll manufacturer. In addition to lifting the burden of regulatory concerns, chemical toll manufacturing companies also assist by being in a position for reducing overall production costs for their clients.
Making the decision to outsource all or part of your chemical production can generate savings in time, avoid internal distractions and provide improved performance. This is especially so when outsource providers offer the expediency, expertise and production capabilities that are required.
Manufacturers who rely on chemicals for only part of their own production process, for example, are likely to find outsourcing this phase provides opportunity for significant savings without compromising quality or production scheduling. In deciding to exercise toll manufacturing services for assistance with management of your product line, it makes sense on many levels.
If working with a toll or custom chemical manufacturing organization like InChem is under consideration, there are many benefits that such a provider can offer:
Outsourcing production of chemicals that represent one or more of the ingredients which are components of finished product can save manufacturers time, money and avoid regulatory compliance requirements. Doing so while ensuring that a cost-effective, reliable and quality solution is found, however, is critical. Fortunately, there are some telltale signs that distinguish reliable custom chemical manufacturers.
If the decision has been made to rely on custom or toll manufacturing services for chemical production, be sure to consider these items when securing quotes:
- Services offered – Custom chemical manufacturing is a highly specialized business. Firms that are equipped to handle production for clients will have the equipment, expertise and plant capacity to tackle a complexity of orders for many different clients. From working to formulate custom chemical compounds to having the ability to oversee chemical reactions, thin film distillation and other processes, well-equipped providers offer a transparent experience for customers.
Companies that manufacture products for direct sale to consumers are specialists in their finished products. That doesn’t necessarily mean, however, they have the expertise to make every ingredient that goes into the final product.
When specialty chemicals are required, it is often simply smarter and much more cost-effective to seek out a firm that focuses on nothing but chemical production. Working with a contract chemical manufacturing firm like InChem for ingredient production can save clients in a number of ways.
Here are just a few reasons why companies that require chemicals produced using chemical reactions, blending, wiped film distillation, short path distillation and molecular distillation often opt to outsource rather than bring production in-house: